Are you a potential farm volunteer...Are you feeling nature calling and want some interaction? There's nothing quite like the love and affection of a horse. Or the feel of fresh land between your fingers. Or the "farm smells" ... yes, some of us really do love those smells! We know farm life can be very therapeutic for some and for others, it's a way to learn about the animals in general.
We've had many people over the years ask if they could volunteer. It wasn't until mid 2009 that we were able to put together a program where we could ensure safety as well as accountability to let this happen.
Some things volunteers do around the farm:
* Clean stalls
* Pull weeds & gardening
* Scrub tack
* Clean the tack room & office
* Feed & water horses
* Care for chickens
* Helping with irrigation water
* Search online for specific things
* Walk with the cows & check fencing
* Brush and/or wash horses & love on them
* Plus, some of the guys (and an occasional gal) have had fun using their muscles, doing building projects - learning right alongside farmer Scott how to keep your farm maintained!
For those 17 - 20, you may want to consider our summer internship program.
This is a great learning opportunity for those who are looking into/wanting a farm or animals of their own.
If you are interested in spending some time in the barn, drop us a note or give us a call. We'd love to talk with you more.
Return from Farm Volunteer to Home page.