Farm Life Lessons Camp
at Willows Edge Farm ...
is a fun, exciting - and electronics free day - for your 5-14 year old child where they will be immersed in the daily hands on activities of life on the farm.
(photos all the way to the bottom)
NEW FOR 2018: HALF DAY WEEKS!!
Focus '18: Horses, Cattle & Land! Oh My!
Every day of the week brings something new and at the end of each week, your kids will go home with useful skills and a willingness to share.
Your child will experience; in a family fun environment, the different aspects of farm living,
including, but not limited to:
* Working with the animals on the farm.
* We clean and prep barns, tack and animals. Sometimes the animals get as clean as we do!
* Farm based crafts
* Animal husbandry—the science behind animal care.
* Kids have fun with different projects each day - AND week!
* We work the earth...part of farm life, includes gardening.
* New, exciting organic gardening techniques.
* We play while we learn.
* We teach about sustainability - making sure that our techniques of today, won't harm them in their future.
* And we can't even think about not mentioning ... a riding lesson on a NORWEGIAN FJORD horse! We ride both English & Western with dressage principals. Those who have never ridden as well as those more advanced riders will learn about how their seat, balance and our body talks to the horses without a single spoken word.
* Last, but most important: Safety is our #1 Rule!
Farm Life Comments:
from our girls...
"I wish I could spend the night and watch the horses sleep." Hannah, age 5
"I'd rather be cleaning stalls than cleaning my room" Cindy, age 8.
"I wish I could live here!" Bella, age 7.
from our boys...
"OK, You did your job...I had a great time here." Chris, age 13.
"I thought this would be really boring, but it's actually really fun!" Alex, age 12.
We add the boys comments because not all young men are to keen on
"learning farm life stuff" during their summers. These are just two that
were highly memorable. And telling. Maybe even more telling is that they
keep coming back!
and from our parents...
"Thank you! Natalie had a fabulous time last week." Wendy B.
"What a unique and wonderful experience! A one-of-a-kind special day just for them. You took time to show them so many parts of farm life. Of course the riding lesson was the highlight. I appreciated how you gave ample time and attention to each child. Your method of teaching was encouraging and empowering and seemed to make the children feel right at home on your horse's back! You sparked an interest and love of horses!" Lyn B.
"The children loved your bunnies, pigs and chickens and really enjoyed your great Fjord horses." Jean J.
Don't miss this wonderful opportunity for your kids to experience real farm life this summer.
Parents are always surprised to hear about all the fun things their kids do here at Farm Life Camp lessons. "We work hard!" But our premise is that when we do something we love, work becomes a lot of fun. We really strive to make learning about and doing farm work enjoyable and throw in fun things like a real horse riding lesson to boot. And at the end of the day, the greatest compliment we get over and over from our kids is watching them beg their parents not to make them leave. Some with tears streaming down their faces.
Like most other farms, we start our days at sunrise, but for the kids, their day will start at 8:45am and will finish up at 2pm.
All this fun - oops we mean learning - for only
$295 per child/week thru Dec 31, 2017
$325 thru Feb 28, 2018
$350 thru April 30, 2018
$385. May 1, 2018 & as available
Half Day weeks (8:45-noon)
$195 per child/week thru Dec 31, 2017
$225 thru Feb 28, 2018
$250 thru April 30, 2018
$285 May 1, 2018 & as available
NEW!!! HALF DAYS AT FARM LIFE CAMP:July 9-14, 2018
3. Questions? Feel free to call or use our email form below.
4. Final payments below:Payments for Farm Camp 2018 - use whatever combination you'd like.
Please Note: We will never force a child to work with any animal they are fearful of - it's just not healthy. Also, while we don't skip anything that we do here on the farm, we do lighten it up so it is age appropriate for your child and strive to keep our small groups similar in age. Successfully completing tasks, building self esteem and having fun doing it are our goals for the week.
Yes, we even spend a little time with some of the smallest workers on the farm - the Farm Cats!